Prepare for Seasonal Flu
Be prepared. It’s easy as 1, 2, 3...
- Get a yearly flu vaccination as this is the single best way to prepare for flu season.
- Everyone 6 months of age and older should receive a flu shot.
- The flu shot protects against the three viruses that will be most common.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a sleeve or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching face, nose or eyes.
- Avoid contact with the sick.
- Stay home when sick for at least 24 hours after fever is gone without fever reducing meds.
- If you get the flu, talk to your doctor about anti-viral drugs.
- Anti-viral drugs are prescriptions that can make your illness milder and shorter.
- Anti-viral drugs must be used early in flu illness.
- Drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest
The Bernards Township Health Department is a Contractual Health Agency serving: Bernards Township, Bernardsville Borough, Chester Borough,
Long Hill Township, Mendham Borough, Peapack and Gladstone Borough.