Protect Yourself against Seasonal Flu
The most effective way to protect against flu is to get
vaccinated each year.
The Seasonal Flu vaccine protects against three viruses.
The 2016-2017 influenza vaccine is made from the following three viruses:
- an A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
- an A/Hong Kong/4801/2014 (H3N2)-like virus;
- a B/Brisbane/60/2008-like virus (B/Victoria lineage).
It is recommended that quadrivalent vaccines containing two influenza B viruses contain the above three viruses and a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus (B/Yamagata lineage).
*** In New Jersey, all children 6 mos.- 59 mos. must receive a flu vaccination if they attend a licensed child-care
center or pre-school.
*** Participants should consult with their doctor before receiving the flu vaccine.
DO NOT be vaccinated if you:
- * Have a severe allergy to chicken eggs.
- * Have had a severe reaction to an influenza vaccination.
- * Have developed Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) within 6 wks of a flu vaccine.
- * Are a child less than 6 months of age.
- * Have a moderate to severe illness with a fever—wait until you recover.
The Bernards Township Health Department is a Contractual Health Agency serving: Bernards Township, Bernardsville Borough, Chester Borough,
Long Hill Township, Mendham Borough, Peapack and Gladstone Borough.